DLL list stays empty (copy from blog)

Topics: Developer Forum
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2006 at 10:20 PM
Anonymous said...
Hi. I am running Visual Studio 2005 with the Windows SDK (.NET 3.0) loaded on my machine.
Installation seemed to go well, but when I clik "Refresh List", nothing comes up. My solution consists of two projects, one of which definitely has a .dll. Also, the menu item disappears sometimes. Let me know if you need more info. Great Job so far!!!!
Coordinator
Aug 10, 2006 at 10:24 PM
Not sure what version you downloaded of the add-in was it the one found here? (with 4 menu items). If thats not the case, pls download this version (under sourcecode tab). If you still got the issue afterwards, debug the add-in with a breakpoint in the analyse class, in the ScanItems method and see what exception is thrown. Please give feedback on your findings so I can fix it.

Frank
Aug 11, 2006 at 12:27 AM
I have had the same problem. Id didn't work until I added the /bin directory to the project.
Coordinator
Aug 17, 2006 at 7:35 PM
This is correct, the add-in itterates recursively through all solution items, when the bin map isnt included it wont search through it. Reports that a solution file is needed are uncorrect, single project files work correctly also.
Aug 29, 2006 at 10:41 PM
Might I suggest to make this configurable? With many projects, I have a "sharedBin" directory I output all my DLL's to.

Thanks & pretty great little software!
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2006 at 11:49 PM
allready on the wish list, but im overloaded with 'real' projects at the moment (80+ hrs a week), so when someone with a bit free time would hook into sourcesafe and fix these things, it would be great :-)